Friday, December 19, 2014

Jingle Bells

So I know I haven't been posting much lately, and this is kind of just a bored-what-should-i-do situation, so please forgive me for any bad thinking or uninteresting material.

So, Christmas has arrived! The smell of pinecones and sugar cookies is in the air, as well as a fun joyous feeling. Presents are stocked in the chimney with care, and...wait. That's not mine. But, on a serious note, Aren't you guys all super excited for Christmas? I sure am! I don't know, but there's just something about counting the days off on your calendar, nervously wrapping gifts before your family members notice you've been missing in your room for an hour...making ornaments to hang up on the tree, and making it look prettier than all of your friends'....anyways. Although the invigoration of Christmas looms near, I still weary sometimes, just out of stress and impatience and sleep deprivation. I try to be patient with my family and keep them cheery, but sometimes I just want to curl up, you know? Just fall asleep on the couch and wake up on Christmas morning-wait, actually, no. I rather like the preparation, almost as much as the actual reward. It may seem weird, but isn't the preparation for any and every holiday mostly about the preparation anyway? Halloween, really the most fun part is getting your costume and afterwards sorting out all your candy with your family. Really, holidays are about what you do to prepare and what you do afterwards; the actual event is only a side effect. So, although Christmas is coming close, I would kind of push it farther away if possible, because all the real celebration is in the preparation.

Thanks for listening to my boring monologue.

(Though you can't blame me, I'm at school and I'm VERY tired).




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive