Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Field Trip to Eagle Cave!!!!!!!

So my class just took this amazing trip to Eagle Cave, a natural limestone cave in Muscoda, Wisconsin. We had to endure a 1 1/2 hour bus ride to the cave, but it was definitely worth it. My group; Alyssa, Soleil, my dad (who was chaperoning), and I  got 2 hours to explore the pitch-dark crevices and tunnels with nothing but our helmets and headlamps! At one point, we all turned off our lights at once and we were completely alone, so all we heard was the dripping of water. I'm telling you, in some spaces it was so small I had to lie on my stomach, and some places, we could probably fit 75 people comfortably. It was so fun! At the end, one of our teachers had us hold a Lifesaver in our palm with our flashlight over it, "charging it". Then, we turned off all of our lights and chewed them down to nubs. As it turned out, you could see other people's Lifesavers lighting up. So weird and cool!!!  After caving, we went back in the lodge and had lunch, changed, and went through the 1 1/2 hour bus ride again, but that time, we did a little sing-a-long, so it wasn't as boring. Okay, that's completely cheesy-sounding, but it's true! So,     my main point here is, if you ever want to try something really cool and nature-ey, try caving at Eagle Cave in Muscoda!


3 comments:

  1. Brynn, I loved reading this review. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Brynn, sounds cool! I would be really nervous to shimmy on my stomach in a dark cave. You're brave!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive