Thursday, October 2, 2014

Lambeau Leaps

As of now, 9:07 p.m., the Green Bay Packers are CRUSHING the Minnesota Vikings. Not to brag or anything, by that one touchdown by Jordy Nelson had me screaming. This game is a no-brainer, and I'm actually pretty involved in it, (I say as I sit typing about it on the computer) but I really am more involved than usual. And I just wanted to talk to you guys tonight about Lambeau Leaps and what I think they really mean. Lambeau Leaps, for you non-Wisconsinites, are a tradition that the Packers do when they just made a touchdown. The touchdownee runs and leaps at the wall, letting everyone pat them on the head and give them congratulations. This is, of course, explaining it in a calm, practical way. The real thing looks much more jock-like. To me, this symbolizes taking a chance and hoping you get rewarded when you make it, but not exactly knowing what's going to happen. I like that the Packers do this, as it gives a sense of security and family within the team and the fans. I really just like it when people or groups of people have meaningful traditions. So I ask you: What's your next Lambeau Leap going to be about?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive